Sooner Rather Than Later…

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday, and that went much better than 2 weeks ago. I had to get my Group B Strep test so the doctor asked if I wanted her to go ahead and see if I was dilated at all. I figured, “What the heck, might as well”. It was a good thing she did. She informed me I was already close to 3cm dilated and 50% effaced. Now, she can’t tell me what that means in terms of how soon baby Bunge will be born, but she didn’t feel like I will go to my due date.
David and I are so excited to meet our son, but I really wasn’t expecting her to tell me I was dilated at all. When she did I think I released a bit of a nervous laughter and got a little anxious. I had no preconceptions about having our son early, so the possibility that that could happen and could happen literally anytime is a bit overwhelming. Needless to say, we realized that we need to make sure we are prepared. We went to Target and purchased whatever remaining items we needed for my labor and postpartum bag. It seemed like others had an inkling, too. We received two packages yesterday that will come in very handy for baby: a feeding gift set and our playard. We’re feeling ready for baby now (as much as we can be), but we hope he waits at least another week or two.
So that happened…


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s