A Second Babymoon

Yes, many people take a second honeymoon, but David and I just took our second babymoon. We debated over traveling somewhere (Chicago or Kansas City, perhaps), but we ended up deciding to stay in St. Louis and explore a part of our new home. We haven’t really had an opportunity to do a lot of exploring since moving, and this was a great opportunity.

My parents were kind enough to stay with Harrison (as if PaPa and Grammy need an excuse) while we headed downtown. We spent Friday night at a gorgeous bed and breakfast, The Fleur-de-Lys Mansion.

We also enjoyed dinner at Home Wine Kitchen in Maplewood.

Saturday started off with a bang. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast that one of the proprietors, Jan Seifert, made: A poached pear with cinnamon on yogurt, followed by a cheese blintz souffle with blueberry sauce, and the best bacon I’vewe’ve ever tasted. She informed us the secret was to bake it for 40 minutes with some brown sugar and cracked pepper. Okay, give me a minute. I’m now thinking about that meal and must admit it was so good, I’m forced to make up a word to describe it: “Scrumptrulescent”. (Quick, where’d that come from?)

Whew! So after that meal, we headed to the Central West End to enjoy massages at The Chase Park Plaza. Can I just say how wonderful that prenatal massage was? Yes, I can, because this is my blog… Anyway, you may or may not know that when you’re pregnant, you cannot lay on your stomach (for obvious reasons). So, while I’ve received some wonderful prenatal massages in side-lying position, I was pretty stocked when my masseuse informed me she had the foam-thingy (?) on the table which allowed me to lay on my preggo stomach while being supported. I still had her double-check to make sure I was laying correctly when she came back in. That was 60 wonderful minutes.

After our massages, we headed down a few blocks to eat at Crepes Etc. Too bad it wasn’t breakfast or snack time because I would’ve been enjoying a malted waffle or a wild Maine blueberry crepe. I ate a delicious grilled chicken sandwich, though, and David ate a savory crepe, “Beef…I must eat more beef”.

We spent a good part of the afternoon walking around Central West End, browsing stores and antique markets. We also snapped a few pictures.

David had arranged a carriage ride through historic Tower Grove Park for later in the day. It was a little chilly, but the scenery was beautiful, and I had my man to sit next to keeping me warm (aww). I couldn’t resist taking some more photos during the carriage ride. Here are a few of my favorites.

Our clydesdale, Jimmy Joe

The roof to one of the beautiful pavilions

After our carriage ride, we enjoyed dinner and then headed back home to spend some time with my family. It was a wonderful weekend, and it was nice to spend a little time away before the baby comes into our lives.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s